Welcome to Peoria Home
Peoria Home is a 2 year residential recovery program for women exploited through sex trafficking, prostitution and addiction. Peoria’s residential program provides long-term secure housing as a haven from the social, psychological and economic factors that drive women to desperate means for survival.
The vision of Peoria is that of women growing individually and collectively, while living in community. We seek to empower women by:
1) Providing a safe, pleasant home environment based on a community living model;
2) Helping residents to live honest, sober, and self-sufficient lives;
3) Providing educational and vocational opportunities;
4) Fostering self-understanding through personal and spiritual growth;
5) Providing life-skill building and maintenance education;
6) Providing a mechanism for income and asset development through Individual Development Accounts
7) Offering opportunities to work towards economic self-sufficiency in a therapeutic work environment with a social enterprise.
Participants are referred to Peoria from a variety of sources including alcohol and treatment centers, mental health facilities, penal systems, various social service programs and individuals. Upon referral, an individual is interviewed by telephone. Peoria staff reviews the application to determine if the woman meets the criteria for the program and if she can best be served by this agency. If a woman is accepted, she will be contacted regarding acceptance into the program. If an applicant is not accepted she will be given a list of referral agencies that may be better able to meet her needs.
If accepted the Program Services Director or the Residence Manager will introduce the new resident to the other residents, orient her to the house, and give her a Resident Handbook to begin reviewing.
Requirements for consideration into the program include:
1) Female, 18 years of age or older
2) History of sex trafficking and/or prostitution with or without a history of addiction
3) If addiction is present potential candidate must have 30 days sobriety and pass a urine test on entry
4) Residents may not have children, partners or pets living with them
To apply or for more information fill out the form below: